Do you ever have those moments where you just need. dessert. IMMEDIATELY ?
Sometimes my sweet tooth is so vicious all I can think about is dessert. Chocolate cake, specifically. But to be honest, I haven’t made a full cake in probably 5 years.
I was kinda craving making one for my birthday this year, but I think I’ll just go the lazy route and whip up this almond butter chocolate chip mug cake for two instead.
Hope you enjoy my quick dessert fix! If you make this recipe, I highly suggest using a larger and taller/wider mug. The cake rises a bunch in the microwave!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- chocolate chips
- In your mug, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and almond butter. Add almond flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar and whisk until fully combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips. Optionally, top your batter with more chocolate chips.
- Microwave your mug cake for 60-90 seconds, depending on how strong your microwave is.
- Let cool in the microwave for 10 seconds before opening. Then remove and enjoy! Optional top with ice cream.