I gotta say, I love Martha Stewart. If you watched her on the Roast of Justin Bieber, you know she is one bad bitch. But I’d like to attribute her bad bitchness more to this recipe – bacon-wrapped potatoes. Any bacon lover is a pal of mine, but any person who likes wrapping bacon around one of the best foods ever is just my straight-up soulmate.
Now I realize it doesn’t take a whole lot of skill to make bacon-wrapped potatoes. But what does take skill is choosing the right bacon for the job. I gave up on store-bought bacon a long time ago and solely purchase mine straight from a farm in Ohio. Some may think this is a bit drastic but the way my heart beats really fast when I see that box on my doorstep is probably the closest I’ve ever come to feeling true love. Follow your heart, right?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
however many small white potatoes can fit in your stomach
1/2 slice of bacon per small white potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes.
- Slice bacon in half so it is half as long.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around a potato.
- Secure bacon using a toothpick.
- Put a wire rack onto a baking sheet.
- Place potatoes on wire rack, trying your best to make sure they don’t touch.
- Put baking sheet in oven. Set timer for about 40 minutes, making sure to rotate potatoes half way through.
- When bacon is cooked and you can stick a fork through the potatoes, take them out of the oven and remove them to a tray lined with paper towels to soak up any grease.
- Forget that the potatoes are hot, try to eat one, and burn the roof of your mouth. #worthit.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart